any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (one who can be identified, directly or indirectly). This includes things such as names, email address, ID numbers or location data.
- Our general principles on data processing
- We only obtain information if we have a valid legal basis for processing it under the applicable laws, such as:
- Having obtained your consent
- Needing to do so to fulfill an agreement with you
- Having a legal obligation to do so
- Having objective reasons that do not harm your interests
- Inform the nature and purpose of processing
- Use info for intended purpose or for other purposes that are compatible with the original one
- Not disclose information to other persons or companies outside our processors unless we have an agreement with you or are legally obliged to do so
- We use high technical standards to protect your personal information.
- We do not store your personal information longer than what is necessary to serve the purposes for which the personal information was collected or further processed.
- Process data in accordance with GDPR and other relevant privacy legislation
- Types of information we process
We will process and store the following Personal Data (defined by Article 4 GDPR as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person):
- Information that you provide us with: such as that information you include when using the contact form on our website, like name, email address or job title.
- Correspondence: if you contact us, we will normally keep a record of this interaction.
- Surveys: we may ask you to fill in our surveys for research purposes, where we may ask personal information such as your name or email address.
- Promotions: we may ask for your information in order to participate in contests, raffles or promotions that we may organize.
- Marketing preferences: such as information regarding communication preferences and information regarding relevant services to offer you.
- Social networking sites: if you get in contact with us or like our website through our social media channels, we may have access to the information you share, which may include personal data (this will depend on your privacy settings).
- Why and how we process your personal information
We may ask for your information when you register or enter information on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or use our Live Chat.
By ‘processing’ we mean obtaining, using, disclosing, storing and eventually deleting data.
We process your personal data for the purpose of running our business and providing you advice regarding customer support services. We process your information only when you request for services or information from us, register with us, participate in public forums or interact with us in any other way.
- How we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- Send you newsletters if you’ve signed up for them, you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each communication.
- Public Forums and Chat Features
You should keep in mind that any information that you decide to share in our comment sections or chat features may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from publicly available areas of the site, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Sharing your information with other companies/3rd party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
- How do we protect your information?
Ensuring that your data is secure is very important to us which is why we have taken different technical and organizational measures to ensure this. We want to avoid any personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use or alterations. For this reason, it is also important that you also use safe passwords, without sharing them with other people and that you update them regularly. This is why:
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
If you have any concerns regarding our security, please contact us at email@example.com.
If 5CA were to experience a data breach and your information were affected, we will inform you if there is a risk of your data being misused and/or if there is a legal obligation to do so. In some situations, 5CA may be legally bound to also contact the local data protection authorities in case of a data breach happens.
9. Data transfers, storage, and processing globally
11. Requests or questions
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding your personal data. You can also contact us with requests to exercise your rights under European data protection law. Such rights include the rights to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability and object.
If you have any requests or questions with regard to your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer:
We advise you to contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any complaints regarding the processing of your personal data. But you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens