In early 2018, mobile developer and publisher Wargaming Mobile launched the hit title World of Warships Blitz. World of Warships Blitz is a mobile strategy game with over 8 million players. Wargaming Mobile’s Director of Player Experience, Florian Blaesche, was determined from the get-go to deliver an excellent player experience in line with the Wargaming brand and the expectations of their players. To Florian that meant:
- Happy players, measured by outstanding Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) scores
- Fast response times
- Around the clock (24/7) support
- Coverage in 10 languages
There was, however, one caveat; the service needed to be affordable. Cost should not be a burden on a brand-new, yet unreleased game. The challenge was to find a way to provide fast responses in all ten languages, without breaking the bank.
Crafting the solution
Florian reached out to multiple vendors to find the best player support solution. Crafting the best-suited solution for clients’ specific needs is what we do best at 5CA, so we implemented the following:
- 5CA built a support team of bilingual support agents fluent in Russian and English, the main support languages
- Tickets in any other language are machine-translated to English, handled by the 5CA team, and then translated back to the player’s native language using a combination of machine- and human translation provided by Unbabel.
- Most tickets are resolved within 24 hours
- Extensive quantitative and qualitative player feedback is shared every week.
This solution fitted Wargaming Mobile’s support needs and provided them with the flexibility they needed to respond to player inquiries in multiple languages.
We knew we had big ambitions for player support for World of Warships Blitz as we were preparing for the launch. We realized as we were speaking with support vendors that the initial setup we had in mind would exceed our budget expectations by far. 5CA was able to find a way for us to deliver the experience that we had in mind, at a good price and the results surpass our expectations.
the results speak for themselves
Of free players became paying players after receiving a non-native language reply.
Of free players became paying players after receiving a reply in their native language.
Using 5CA’s solution, the results have been outstanding:
- Higher conversion rate from non-paying to paying players among players who were supported in their native languages
- Solid CSAT scores of 82% from the get-go
- After two months of implementation, we achieved a 95% response rate within 24 hours
- Actionable player feedback shared with Wargaming Mobile by 5CA has already lead to numerous in-game updates and additions, improving the overall player experience
- Ability to add new languages on the fly, without hiring extra support agents
Interested in learning more about how 5CA can help you build the ultimate player experience for your game? Reach out to us here.
You might also like: